click for full size image
- Product Info
The Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV) is the replacement to the older Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) fielded by the United States Army. This vest has seen several revisions over the years based on real-world combat feedback. It is compatible with the E-SAPI (Enhanced Small Arms Protective Insert) and ESBI Side-SAPI plates as well as the Interceptor body armor’s groin protector.
The IOTV has been the standard issued vest to all U.S. Army soldiers since 2006 and can be fully configured from a basic vest to a full-up system with groin protection, lower back protection, deltoid protection and neck-throat protection.
• Modular components
• Increased MOLLE pouch locations
• Single-handed emergency egress quick-release system
• Reinforced drag handle
• Full-wrap cummerbund style closure
• Removable/adjustable side plates
• Provides ability to donn/doff vest in two ways
• Designed to reduce weight from the shoulders and move it to the lower torso
• 360° MOLLE webbing for equipment attachment
• Flame resistant, durable 500 Denier Cordura outer carrier
• Size medium IOTV weighs 3.6 lbs less than the Interceptor’s medium vest while providing more coverage
• Removable ESBI/ESAPI – X-small side ballistic protection, which provide coverage under the arms and down the sides of the torso
• Includes a lower back protector designed to defeat fragmentation impacts to the lower back/kidney areas
• All ballistic panels are approved for combat use by the U.S. Military or can be outfitted with NIJ Level IIIA+ commercial ballistics
• Hard armor plates are designed to withstand a direct impact from a 7.62 millimeter (both NATO and ex-Soviet types) on the front and rear ESAPI plates as well as the ESBI Side plates
• Protected by nGuard®: resistant to odor, microbes, fungi, mosquitos, bed bugs, color fading
• Available in universal camouflage as well as the new multi-cam camouflage fabrics
- Product Video
- Product video coming soon.